Be a Part of the Schowalter Legacy
As a donor to The Schowalter Foundation, you will support its ongoing legacy and the many organizations, institutions and Mennonite related initiatives that it provides funds for each year.
The Board of The Schowalter Foundation prudently and prayerfully considers many worthy opportunities presented in the form of funding requests, twice each year. Income for The Schowalter Foundation comes from farming operations, oil and gas royalties, investment returns and charitable contributions. Grants from income are made to Everence Foundation. The Schowalter Foundation Board then makes recommendations for funding distributions from Everence Foundation to be distributed to charitable 501(c)(3) organizations for specific uses they have defined in their funding requests.
The Schowalter Foundation invites you to be a part of their ongoing legacy!
You can be a part of this legacy with your donation of farmland, commodities or cash
The donation of farmland to The Schowalter Foundation can generate significant and ongoing benefits to the projects that
- Upon receipt of donated farmland, Schowalter’s objective would be to maintain long-term ongoing ownership and operation of the land. Likely, the tenant currently farming the land would continue to farm it.
- A farmer donating land could continue to farm it as
tenant, continuing to generate personal income as well as knowing that the landowner’s share of income will go to charitable causes. Or, if the land is being farmed by family or friend, they would likely remain as tenantfarmer.
- The donor can get an immediate tax deduction based on the current value of the real estate.
- Dependent upon circumstances, ownership structure and legal analysis, other financially beneficial options may be available. This could include the provision for ongoing annuity payments to the donor for the
reminderof the donor’s life.
A Charitable Gift Annuity in exchange for donation of farmland provides ongoing cash payments to the donor(s) for their life. Charitable gift annuities from donors willing to make a gift of appreciated farmland to the Schowalter Foundation may provide the following benefits:
- Annuity payments that may be greater than the current cash flow from the farmland.
- Guaranteed periodic payments that are partially tax-free.
- Higher annuity rates are available for older donors.
- The start date of annuity payments can be flexible.
- Part of the value of the charitable gift annuity qualifies as an itemized charitable deduction.
We would love to hear from you
please let us know.